Typical point source discharges include discharges from publicly owned treatment works (POTWs), discharges from industrial facilities, and discharges of urban runoff. While provisions of the NPDES Program do address certain agricultural activities, most agricultural facilities are defined as non-point sources and are exempt from NPDES regulation.
Industries, businesses, and other privately-owned facilities that discharge directly to surface waters must obtain an NPDES permit. Industries who discharge wastewater to a POTW may be required to have a treatment agreement with the POTW.
Access offers the following wastewater permitting and design services:
- NPDES Permitting
- Wastewater Discharge Sampling
- Wastewater Treatment Design
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (OPA 90) Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans